Release name: Protector OATH SDK 5.4.1 (Android only)
Release date: October 23, 2020
Supported platforms & processor architectures
- Android 5 up to 11
- Processor architectures: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64
Fixed issues and bugs
- Fixed the crash issue due to root detection when one of the applications is scanned to be without any Android permissions but has an Android Receiver on the device.
- There is a memory leak in the Secure Storage feature due to the string-terminating character. However, the leak does not contain any sensitive information.
- Thales Secure Keypad does not support the system font on iOS/iPadOS 13.x. The system font will be replaced by Times New Roman font.
- Vulnerability in secure keypad allows the screen recording through ADB shell when it is configured in dialog mode.
- The predefined template #0 (
INPUT_FURTHER_INPUTS) is not supported for dynamic signatures.
- For CAP on iOS platforms, the length of the elements encoded in BER-TLV (such as CDOL definition) cannot be longer than 127 bytes.
- Secure keypad does not support custom-designed top section of the keypad screen in dialog mode.
- On iOS platform, the top element of secure keypad is not vertically aligned if the keypad controller is presented modally as a view controller for the navigation controller.
- SHA-256 algorithm for HOTP is supported on SAS Authentication Server only.
- The Secure Storage feature in iOS does not support multiple instances with different device fingerprint source configurations.
- Dual seed tokens are only supported with TOTP and time-based OCRA.
- OCRA HEX challenge with odd length is not supported.
- Additionally, the setting OCRA suites with odd length HEX challenge format is not supported.
- When using provisioning protocol v1 (PPV1) with EPS 1.x, the provisioned Token Sequence Number (that is, GIDV) cannot be used as part of the CAP OTP calculation (that is, configured to be included in the IPB).
- When using PPV1 with EPS 1.x, the provisioned Token Sequence Number (that is, GIDV) can only be a decimal and is in the range 0-99. The length varies depending on the configured GIDV length in the backend.
- DSKPP provisioning only supports DSKPP provisioning protocol V1 which is based on Thales proprietary servers SPA and SAS.
- On Android device with an in-screen fingerprint scanner, Android will prompt a system fingerprint UI on top of the application custom fingerprint UI. The fingerprint authentication will still work as expected.
- Upgrading a token to biometric user authentication fails on iOS Simulator from version 13 to 13.3:
isAuthModeActivewill always return a “NO” value. This is due to an iOS backward compatibility issue and has been reported to Apple. This issue is only specific to simulator, it works well on real devices.
Supported authentication algorithms
- Thales DIS Verify Issuer function (FRS Protector OATH ZEN token - version 1.0)
- CAP: Version 2007 (all modes)
- Dynamic Signature: Thales DIS Proprietary Formatting (TPF), CAP Mode 2 TDS Formatting
- OATH: HOTP (RFC 4226 - Dec 2005), TOTP (RFC 6238 - May 2011), OCRA (RFC 6287 - June 2011)
- Thales DIS – Digital Banking OATH options (Version 1.1)
- 5.0.2: HTC One
- 5.1.1: OnePlus One
- 6.0.0: Wiko Sunny
- 6.0.1: Samsung Galaxy S6
- 7.0.0: Sony Xperia Z5
- 8.0.0: LG V30+
- 8.0.0: Huawei Nexus 6P
- 9.0.0: Samsung Galaxy S9
- 9.0.0: Samsung Galaxy S10
- 10.0.0: Huawei P30 Pro
- 11.0.0: Google Pixel 4